These sterile, flocked nasopharyngeal swabs are used for cell and virus specimen collection under a clinical setting. These flocked swabs are designed to collect clinical and forensic specimens. Unlike traditional swabs, samples collected using iClean® sterile flocked nasopharyngeal swab stay close to the surface for easier, faster, and more complete elution.
- Ergonomic and Anatomic Design – Unique design improves patient comfort and efficiency in specimen collection.
- Rapid Automatic Elution – Instant and spontaneous release into liquid media.
- Improved Sample Collection – Utilizes an innovative jet embedded nylon technology that can improve the efficiency of the sample collection from the patient at the largest degree.
- Recovers More Cells – Velvet brush-like texture rapidly and efficiently dislodges cells and collects liquid via capillary action.
- Quantitative Volume Transfer – Measurable and consistent uptake and transfer from patient to test tube.
- Entire Sample Released – Flocked swab will effectively release at least 90% of the collected specimen.
||Flocked, synthetic (nylon)
|Length (Swab Tip)
|Diameter (Nasal Swab)
||2.5 mm tapered to 1 mm
|Breakpoint (From Swab Tip)