ABclonal’s sterile, flocked nasopharyngeal swabs are FDA-approved flocked sampling swabs used for cell and virus specimen collection under a clinical setting. These flocked swabs have been adopted by diagnostic test kit manufacturers in molecular genetics, forensics and clinical sectors.
- FDA Approved – Registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Ergonomic Design – Perpendicular nylon fiber acts like a soft brush, improving patient comfort and efficiency in cell specimen collection.
- Improved Sample Collection – Sprayed-on fibers statically charged and attached to the applicator tip in a uniform perpendicular manner creates strong capillary hydraulics and enables cell specimens to be rapidly absorbed by the throat swab.
- Superior Sample Elution – An open fiber structure that instantly dislodges the specimen cells into the liquid medium, unlike traditional cotton swabs that entrap specimens.
- Increased Assay Sensitivity – Flocked swabs are proven to elute >95% of the original sample rapidly.
||Flocked, synthetic (nylon)
|Length (Swab Tip)
|Diameter (Throat Swab)
||2.5 mm, tapered to 1.75 mm